Zones, Inc. provides premier IT solutions from the data center to the desktop. Through close collaboration with our customers, Zones provides a full range of IT hardware, software, and services to businesses. With more than 30 years of experience, global supply chain capabilities, and a partner ecosystem of more than 2,000 hardware and software companies, Zones helps customers around the world tackle their most pressing IT challenges. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, are passionate about technology, and want to work at an organization that is growing and investing in its people, Zones is the right place for you! Whether your career is in sales, technology solutions, engineering, operations, or logistics, you will make an impact at Zones and for our customers each day.
The Buyer will be responsible for developing and executing a spend management program (cradle to grave) for assigned categories and brands to ensure maximum value is achieved. The Buyer will optimize inventory levels while minimizing risk of aged/obsolete product. The Buyer will provide expertise to internal customers on purchasing options, pricing negotiations, inventory management, expediting, tracking, follow up and supplier management of orders. The buyer will be responsible for training and management oversight of associate buyers and brand pricing/program specialist.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiate with suppliers/vendors to secure the best overall price considering (price, availability, payment terms, shipping, return privileges, timely delivery, etc.
- Manage inventory to ensure product availability while minimizing risk of aging inventory and obsolescence on stocked items
- Provide thought leadership to sales/customer organizations on purchasing and inventory management
- Manage execution of POs to suppliers based on demand, cycle time, location, availability and price
- Collaborate with distributors and manufacturers to establish and attain the goals and directives of each category, and in forecasting inventory requirements by warehouse location
- Provide overall spend management (cradle to grave) for assigned book of business
- Identify and execute cost savings (TCO initiatives) for assigned book
- Develop, engage and maintain alternate sources for constrained and allocated products
- Maintain strong inter-departmental relationships to help facilitate achievement of assigned goals
- Communicate professionally and build relationships with manufacturers, suppliers and other external sources
- Maintain proficiency in category/manufacturer terminology and technology
- Management of others under the immediate area of responsibility which may include associate buyers, pricing and brand pricing/program specialist that may be local or in other physical locations in and out of country.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, purchasing, logistics, supply chain management, or related field
• 2 years required of direct or related industry experience
• Candidate should have general understanding of information technology and other electronics products and associated terminology
• Sharp negotiation and decision-making skills
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact well with groups, a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to manage multiple tasks with little supervision
• Must work with a sense of urgency and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced growth environment
• Intermediate or advanced computer skills, experience and proficiency with MS Word, Office and Excel are required, and knowledge of Access is preferred
Purchasing Processes, Purchasing Negotiation, Planning, Manufacturing Operations Management, Retail Product, Purchasing, Procurement,