The Associate Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for developing and executing a spend management program (cradle to grave) for assigned categories and brands to ensure maximum value is achieved. The Buyer will optimize inventory levels while minimizing risk of aged/obsolete product. The Buyer will provide expertise to internal customers on purchasing options, pricing negotiations, inventory management, expediting, tracking, follow up and supplier management of orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiate with suppliers/vendors to secure the best overall price considering (price, availability, payment terms, shipping, return privileges, timely delivery, etc.)
- Manage inventory to ensure product availability while minimizing risk of aging inventory and obsolescence on stocked items
- Provide thought leadership to sales/customer organizations on purchasing and inventory management
- Manage execution of POs to suppliers based on demand, cycle time, location, availability, and price
- Collaborate with distributors and manufacturers to establish and attain the goals and directives of each category, and in forecasting inventory requirements by warehouse location
- Provide overall spend management (cradle to grave) for assigned book of business
- Identify and execute cost savings (TCO initiatives) for assigned book
- Develop, engage and maintain alternate sources for constrained and allocated products
- Maintain strong inter-departmental relationships to help facilitate achievement of assigned goals
- Communicate professionally and build relationships with manufacturers, suppliers, and other external sources
- Maintain proficiency in category/manufacturer terminology and technology
- Management of others under the immediate area of responsibility which may include associate buyers, pricing and brand pricing/program specialist that may be local or in other physical locations in and out of country.
Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical coverage for parents, spouse, and children; life insurance; paid annual, casual, and medical leaves; Provident Fund; EOBI; increments, in house gym; on the house free quality food, gym, and much more.
Total No. of Positions: 05
Job timings: 9:00 PM till 06:00 AM (Pakistan time)
Supply Chain Management, Negotiation Skills, Good Communication Skills,