The Cloud Solutions Specialist (CSS) is responsible for driving and co-owning software and services within his/her assigned region with a focus on cloud-based solutions. The person in this role is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to discovering software and services business in the region with new customers identified by associated teams or uncovered through self-driven discovery. The CSS is the lead in the region for initial sales success with new customers and serves as the expert on the customer’s software and services strategy as the customer is migrated to a management team that works to grow the breadth of the sales relationship.
In developing the initial success with a customer, the CSS will work with internal teams and external partners to define and deliver the combination of software and services that the customer requires to achieve their goals. To do so, the CSS will act as a liaison between Zones’ Professional Services teams, Solutions Architects, software partners, and infrastructure partners. The CSS will capture requirements from the customer, describe the elements of the solution, and help to create a Scope of Work (SoW) that will be used to define and price the solution.
Practice Summary and Role Expectations
This team operates within the space of Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and on-premises technologies. Our goal is to provide the expertise that identifies the software, services, and environment that will enable customers to operate in the environment that is best suited for their goals.
The CSS role is not a fully technical role but demonstrated technical acumen at the level required to credibly describe a path from a customer’s current state to the desired state is a must. Demonstrating this level of competence will require holding or earning certifications in cloud and on-premises software and infrastructure. Effective CSS‘s will understand and be able to articulate the value of software as a service, professional services, and infrastructure choices involving the best-known partners in the industry including, but not limited to, Microsoft, VMware, AWS, Oracle, Symantec, Cisco, McAfee and many more. Beyond understanding how the technologies interact and support the customer’s goals, the CSS will have to understand the sometimes-complex licensing programs that are used by the producer of the product.
- Partner and co-own sales activities at a customer level
- Performance and success will be measured by gross profit performance
- Performance-based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large and complex client environments
- Perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate solution proposals based on client requirements
- Understand and articulate various licensing methods
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net-new business opportunities
- First-line preparation of cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by understanding the customer’s plans, consulting with technical resources, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop high-level design, statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contribute to CSS team effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; implement directives
General Business Development, Marketing, and Partnerships
- Develop relationships and act as liaison to partners to ensure available resources are being utilized where appropriate
- Act as a solution evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by delivering content and messaging
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
Key Required Skills
- Hands on 5+ years in relevant Microsoft domain
- Expert in migrations (to Azure, O365) from On-prem and other cloud platforms, solutions designed, vanilla deployments, troubleshooting, Certified Licensing Specialist, done presales, basic knowledge of SQL. Must have done several migrations
- 1-2 years of experience with VMW; deployments/migrations
- 1-2 years, knowledge with AWS from Competition perspective, migration is a definite plus
- Should have hands on experience in MS Project/Project Management as a Lead/Manager
- Must have presented Proposal/Solution Doc development to Customers in pre-sales, proficiently documents requirements, prepares solutions and manages internal documentation and archiving.
- Be able to understand objections and respond professionally and promptly as a SME to customers with data points, evidence & from experience.
- Should own his deliverables.
- Be able to multi-task and manage his/her time efficiently to be able to respond to key priorities
- Ability to sell, scope, price with limited support
- Familiarity with Microsoft software and infrastructure licensing plans
- Documented successful sales of technology solutions is preferred
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel to position sales and solutions
Good To Have:
- Experience with CISCO
- Experience with Oracle, Symantec, McAfee
Microsoft Azure, IaaS Security SaaS Products, Excellent Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Cloud Checker, Cloud Health, AWS,