As an Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for the management, analysis and review of the execution of channel marketing activities in accordance with partner policies.
Match revenue and expenses within period of execution. Process timely and accurate billings.
Collect funds due. Work cross functionally with various teams including marketing.
- Account for and report on all advertising and marketing revenue and expenses (MDF)
- Analyze monthly transaction details to ensure accuracy
- Prepare journal entries for review
- Document balance sheet reconciliations for review which includes researching/resolving reconciling items timely.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Process review and documentation in support of departmental objectives
Strategies And Essential Functions:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform, with supervision, all required month-end accounting and/or reporting associated with advertising revenue/expenses (including credit card coding/posting).
- Report on various marketing activities.
- Complete the claiming process for various channel marketing programs including SPIFs
- Complete account reconciliations analyze and research balance sheet reconciling items and clear timely.
- Provide resource for ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Perform all required month-end reporting associated with advertising revenue and expenses
- Review MDF funding invoiced and recorded in the financial statements and ensure all funds earned are booked and make appropriate financial statement entries
- Meet with Marketing/Advertising departments to review expenses incurred and invoices paid. Ensure all expenses incurred are recorded or accrued appropriately and expensed
- Bill activities on a regular and timely schedule including the processing of activities through customized vendor web tools to meet their requirements
- Continuous P&L reporting on forecast and budget to actual for revenues and expenses
- Coordinate with PPM department to ensure revenues are closed and invoiced. Also, with Marketing and Creative, HR departments regarding expenses
- Ensure that all assigned partner invoices and proof of performance are claimed/uploaded promptly in accordance with partner deadlines.
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statement entries associated with MDF revenue and expenses
- Timely reporting of budget to actual for advertising revenues and expenses
- 2+ years of Accounting experience including functions such as preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts in a high transaction volume environment
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work individually and with cross functionally with other teams to achieve department goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Accounting, Microsoft Office, P&L MANAGEMENT, Finance Reconciliation, Account Reconciliation,