- As a Contracts Attorney in Zones’ Legal Department, you will draft and negotiate contracts and perform related tasks, including:
- negotiation of agreements that govern the sale and purchase of IT products and/or services;
- review of terms and conditions;
- development of contract templates, reusable language clauses, and forms;
- drafting of original, unique contracts;
- creation of guidelines;
- reporting on work product and progress; and
- other projects, as assigned. Responsibilities of this role include: identifying legal and business risks in agreements; verifying that business objectives are accomplished; project managing negotiations; tracking and meeting deadlines, coordinating the input and approval of various Zones stakeholders; providing reports of activities and progress; and training personnel on contracts principles, strategies, and processes.
- You also will support various Legal Department initiatives and projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills and contract experience/training that can be utilized as follows:
- To draft and negotiate a variety of agreement types governing confidentiality, product purchases, product sales, services purchases, services sales, cloud, licensing, etc
- To review terms and conditions contained in proposals, bids, purchase orders and other transactional documents, supporting corporate and public sector sales
- To provide redlined recommendations in agreements
- To provide summaries of business and legal risks to stakeholders, as necessary, enhancing opportunity evaluation
- To propose creative solutions that address business and legal risks
- To secure all necessary approvals and inputs from stakeholders and leaders, ensuring products and services are sold or acquired with appropriate governing terms
- To interpret commitments and terms, as necessary, supporting contract lifecycle management and overall compliance
- To develop internal and external relationships
- To serve as a point of contact on contractual and related legal matters
Superior analytical and organizational skills that enable the following:
- Accurate and timely record keeping—including compilation of information during negotiation and review, tracking of progress (providing ad hoc summaries), and analysis or reasons for success/failure
- Strict adherence to deadlines—establishing schedules, monitoring progress, and ensuring on-time delivery at each stage of negotiation and submission
- Accurate monitoring and sensitive reporting of nonconformity with established procedures with an appreciation for areas of recurring stress
Developmental focus to support the following:
- Frequent and accurate provision of subject matter expertise on contractual and related legal matters
- Drafting/updating of clauses and documentation for an ever-evolving library of content on which accurate, thoughtful, successful negotiations may draw
- Performance of training, as requested, on Legal Department processes
- Implementation of (and, where appropriate, proposal of modifications to) procedures for contract negotiation consistent with overall policies established by Zones, generally, and the Legal Department, specifically
- Support in development and implementation of various contract lifecycle management systems, as requested
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Admission to bar in Pakistan or at least one state where Zones has offices
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree allowing for the practice of law required
- Strong academic credentials
- 3+ years’ applicable experience, preferably in the technology industry
- Proven record of success
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Collaborative, win-win approach to contract negotiation
- Ability to multi-task and complete work independently in a timely manner with the highest degree of accuracy, judgment, integrity, and creativity
- Ability to understand contractual issues, to assess and communicate risks in the context of Zones’ business environment, and to drive collegially toward resolution
- Curiosity and enthusiasm about technology; natural inclination to work hard and overcome obstacles; and practical and sound judgment when confronted with challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to develop a thorough understanding of Zones’ offerings and the industry as a whole, and a mastery of the issues pertinent to successful contract negotiation in support of a value added reseller and services provider
- At Zones we’re more than just a company, we’re a collection of people like you! We’re driven, hard-working and love to celebrate our wins as a team.
- We’re growing fast which means unlimited opportunities to do great work, get recognized, and take your career to the next level!
- At Zones, we don’t just acknowledge diversity, we make it the foundation of how we conduct business and how we support our employees and communities.
- Zones is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council).
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Communication Skills, Legal Contract Review, Labor Laws, Contract Law, Legal Compliance, Legal Affairs, Legal Advisory, Legal Administration, Litigation & Arbritration, Legal Service,