The Inventory Manager is responsible for leading an Inventory Management team focused on ensuring efficient supply of product to meet customer and business needs for a $1.7B procurement organization while meeting goals for inventory turns and reduction of aged inventory. The successful candidate will execute strategies and tactics for improving inventory turns, cash flow, lead times, operational efficiency, and operational costs. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Inventory Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Inventory Manager is primarily responsible for:
· Leading Pakistan Inventory Management team focused on reducing overall inventory value, improving health of inventory age, and increasing turns while meeting customer expectations for in stock requirements.
· Executes on large, complex purchasing to both a demand schedule and run rate forecasting.
· Manages the weekly forecast process for key customer groups.
· Maintains inventory database (lead times, min order quantity, pricing) for key customer groups.
· Hones purchasing and forecasting tools to improve decision making and reduce stock outs on key items.
· Builds forecasting models to provide analytical support on input accuracies and trends.
· Uses strong communication skills to actively collaborate and challenge others for the achievement of business goals.
· Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and strong communication to produce quality work.
· Creates and then acts upon opportunities involving and influencing others in the accomplishment of organizational goals.
· Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
· Coordinates efforts closely with team in Auburn, WA.
· Provides weekly and monthly reporting and analysis.
· Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four-year university degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Finance
Statistical analysis skills and experience working with very large data sets
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Supply Chain areas such as forecasting, demand planning
Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, power pivot, lookups, formulas, data sourcing) required.
Experience with spreadsheet tools and demand planning software such as JDA Demand and Fulfillment
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
· High level of Supply Chain, Planning and Procurement background preferred, with experience in multiple disciplines (e.g., manufacturing, planning, logistics, etc.)
· Exceptional understanding of supply chain and procurement processes and strategy
· Track record of achievement in leadership and building a supply chain team, including coaching, training and developing
· Leadership skills including stakeholder management, team building, motivating, conflict resolution, and interpersonal and demonstrate unquestioned integrity and trust
· Knowledge of and experience with best practices in inventory and materials management (e.g., Classification Methods (A,B,C,D), Safety Stock, Lean, Consignment, etc.)
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (such as negotiation, influence, and presentation skills), with the ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate stakeholders to meet business objectives.
· Demonstrated problem solving, time-management, customer service, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, leadership, organization, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated supply chain transformation experience including diverse aspects of supply chain management
· Familiarity with the Enterprise IT procurement channel
· Microsoft AX/Dynamics and/or other commercial inventory management systems
· Microsoft CRM and Power BI
Supply Chain, Inventory Control, Demand Planning,