As a Staff Attorney in Zones PK (Private) Limited, you shall support the Company Secretary & Senior Director Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Pakistan, and the Senior Counsel, U.S., on a wide array of company secretariat and legal issues.
I. Sound legal and business judgment to execute varied legal responsibilities as follows:
- To assist subsidiary incorporations and annual and periodic regulatory filings;
- To provide practical legal guidance that supports any or all business functions, including in particular those business functions performed in Pakistan;
- To evaluate and advise on legal risks and company policies and recommend mitigation strategies;
- Prepare briefs, monitor the progress of cases and draft regular updates;
- Be able to review and draft Petitions, Written Statements, Applications, Criminal Complaints, F.I.R.s etc.;
- Maintain and update the records and data-base of court cases and prepare periodical reports; and
- Attend cases and support the external Counsels during hearings.
II. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and contract experience/training that can be utilized as follows:
- To assist the Corporate and Senior Counsel in providing summaries of business and legal risks to stakeholders, as necessary, enhancing opportunity evaluation
- To propose creative solutions that address business and legal risks
- To secure necessary approvals and inputs from stakeholders and leaders, ensuring products and services are sold or acquired with appropriate governing terms
- To interpret commitments and terms, as necessary, supporting overall compliance
- To develop internal and external relationships
- To serve as a point of contact on contractual and related legal matters
III. Superior analytical and organizational skills that enable the following:
- Strict adherence to deadlines—establishing schedules, monitoring progress, and ensuring on-time delivery at each stage of a project
- Accurate monitoring and sensitive reporting of nonconformity with established procedures with an appreciation for areas of recurring stress
IV. Developmental focus to support the following:
- Frequent and accurate provision of subject matter expertise on legal matters
- Drafting/updating of clauses and documentation for an ever-evolving library of content on which accurate, thoughtful, successful legal analysis may draw
- Performance of training, as requested, on Legal Department processes
- Implementation of (and, where appropriate, proposal of modifications to) procedures consistent with overall policies established by Zones, generally, and the Legal Department, specifically
- Support in development and implementation of various legal process management systems, as requested
V. Create customer-facing and provider-facing statements of work (SOWs) and related contract documents based on established templates:
- Edit solution-based content provided by solution architects or solution engineers.
- Proofread to ensure clarity of language, consistent formatting, and clean presentation to the customer and provider.
- Add the necessary terms and conditions to SOWs, including flow-down terms from customers to providers and vice versa.
- Work seamlessly with solution architects to incorporate customer and provider-requested changes.
- Manage the negotiation and approval of terms and conditions for individual SOWs (either by working independently or alongside other staff attorneys).
- Create and maintain SOW terms and conditions files based on executed master agreements with customers and providers.
- Edit content for new solution-specific templates, ensuring the proper use of defined legal terms.
VI. Sound understanding of SECP to execute varied company secretariat responsibilities, including:
- Support preparing the agendas of meetings and the issuance of notices and record minutes thereof;
- Support preparation and sending of correspondence on behalf of and in relation to company secretarial matters
- Support maintaining all statutory registers; and
- Record and track action items from meetings;
VII. Superior interpersonal skills that enable the following:
- Work as a brand ambassador of Zones and build relationships with external stakeholders in the form of law enforcement agencies, local bodies and their delegates.
Legal Affairs, Corporate Advisory, Legal Counseling,