As an SDET, you will be responsible for adhering to defined test standards and practices and implementing the test automation to assure high product quality. You will create and maintain automated tests, as well as develop procedures used to ensure that programs function according to specifications and conform to established guidelines for new and existing software systems.
- Understands application designs, architecture and functionality and designs effective test scenarios and test cases.
- Performs test automation and sets up frameworks on various application platforms e.g. web, mobile, and desktop for functional, regression and performance testing.
- Build the test scenarios and acceptance tests using appropriate and organization’s selected tools.
- Assists the development teams in setting up effective unit tests and scripts for high unit test coverage of code.
- Creates & manages bug reports and communicates with other teams for resolution.
- Participates in technical communications with partners to understand their systems or APIs for integration.
- Drive the software development process towards quality-centric practices.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and tools.
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills.
- Knowledge of Data Structures.
- Skilled in various test methods & corresponding tools (Coded UI, NUnit, jMeter, Selenium WebDriver etc.). Knowledge on Winappdriver, RSAT would be an added advantage.
- Experience using configuration management tools e.g. TFS, SVN and Git.
- Understanding of build management and experience working with CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience of working in Agile environment.
- Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.