As a Corporate Attorney in Zones PK (Private) Limited, you shall support the Company Secretary & Senior Director Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Pakistan, and the Senior Counsel, U.S., on a wide array of company secretariat and legal issues.
I. Sound legal and business judgment to execute varied legal responsibilities as follows:
- To assist subsidiary incorporations and annual and periodic regulatory filings;
- To provide practical legal guidance that supports any or all business functions, including in particular those business functions performed in Pakistan;
- To evaluate and advise on legal risks and company policies and recommend mitigation strategies;
- Prepare briefs, monitor the progress of cases and draft regular updates;
- Be able to review and draft Petitions, Written Statements, Applications, Criminal Complaints, F.I.R.s etc.;
- Maintain and update the records and database of court cases and prepare periodical reports; and
- Attend cases and support the external Counsel during hearings.
II. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and contract experience/training that can be utilized as follows:
- To assist the Corporate and Senior Counsel in providing summaries of business and legal risks to stakeholders, as necessary, enhancing opportunity evaluation
- To propose creative solutions that address business and legal risks
- To secure necessary approvals and inputs from stakeholders and leaders, ensuring products and services are sold or acquired with appropriate governing terms
- To interpret commitments and terms as necessary, supporting overall compliance
- To develop internal and external relationships
- To serve as a point of contact on contractual and related legal matters
III. Superior analytical and organizational skills that enable the following:
- Strict adherence to deadlines—establishing schedules, monitoring progress, and ensuring on-time delivery at each stage of a project
- Accurate monitoring and sensitive reporting of nonconformity with established procedures with an appreciation for areas of recurring stress
IV. Developmental focus to support the following:
- Frequent and accurate provision of subject matter expertise on legal matters
- Drafting/updating of clauses and documentation for an ever-evolving library of content on which accurate, thoughtful, successful legal analysis may draw
- Performance of training, as requested, on Legal Department processes
- Implementation of (and, where the appropriate, proposal of modifications to) procedures consistent with overall policies established by Zones, generally, and the Legal Department, specifically
- Support in the development and implementation of various legal process management systems, as requested
V. Create customer-facing and provider-facing statements of work (SOWs) and related contract documents based on established templates:
- Edit solution-based content provided by solution architects or solution engineers.
- Proofread to ensure clarity of language, consistent formatting, and clean presentation to the customer and provider.
- Add the necessary terms and conditions to SOWs, including flow-down terms from customers to providers and vice versa.
- Work seamlessly with solution architects to incorporate customer and provider-requested changes.
- Manage the negotiation and approval of terms and conditions for individual SOWs (either by working independently or alongside other staff attorneys).
- Create and maintain SOW terms and conditions files based on executed master agreements with customers and providers.
- Edit content for new solution-specific templates, ensuring the proper use of defined legal terms.
VI. Sound understanding of SECP to execute varied company secretarial responsibilities, including:
- Support preparing the agendas of meetings and the issuance of notices and record minutes thereof.
- Support preparation and sending of correspondence on behalf of and in relation to company secretarial matters
- Support maintaining all statutory registers; and
- Record and track action items from meetings.
VII. Superior interpersonal skills that enable the following:
- Work as a brand ambassador of Zones and build relationships with external stakeholders in the form of law enforcement agencies, local bodies, and their delegates.
Zones offers a comprehensive benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including health insurance coverage for parents, spouse & children, life insurance, and retirement benefits. paid annual, casual, and medical leaves; EOBI; increments, on-the-house free quality food, gym and much more.
We maintain our unequivocal commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals, free from discrimination based on race, colour, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by under the law. At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
Job timings: 10:00 AM till 06:00 PM (Pakistan time)
Relation Building, Corporate Agreement Knowledge, Corporate Affairs, Corporate Advisory,