This is a proactive account management role that leads the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, and then translates them into effective technology solutions. The primary objective of this role is to proactively analyze and work with the existing accounts with an objective to maximize solution and services sales. The role also includes researching these accounts for their buying history and trends both hardware and software. The Proactive Account Manager (PAM) position focuses on working closely with ZONES Account Executives, Inside Sales Reps and Solution Architects with all presales assistance, Bill of Material (BoM) creation, SOW creation, ZONES quote creation and providing general technical answers on all supported Solution Areas. The primary responsibility as a PAM is to architect and sell solutions & services. The PAM works as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for his clients and Zones’ sales teams with some supervision.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The Proactive Account Manager is primarily responsible to:
- Work closely with all the Small and Medium Business (SMB) Account Managers (AMs) and will discuss in depth the relationship, purchasing history of all the accounts assigned to them.
- Collect all the relevant data which could help in preparing the strategy to approach the client in presenting our products and services and focuses on pursuing the sales boost.
- Managing the pipeline based on the above-mentioned activity.
- Formulate a strategy in collaboration with the relevant AMs to approach the dormant accounts.
- Prepare a detailed meaningful report for Zones leadership to present business growth.
- Prepare analytical reports showing the comparison of sales data for a given account and time period.
- Own the technical relationship with clients on assigned opportunities from small/mid-market & enterprise level accounts.
- Supports Account Managers (AMs) and Solution Architects (SAs) by performing all presales activities required to complete the solution design.
- These activities include submitting Deal Registrations, creating BoM’s, securing ZONES solution costs from OEM or Distributor, creation Visio diagrams on complex solutions, building a quote in ZONES CRM and validating the solution accuracy prior to delivery.
- Conducts discovery calls to scope customer’s requirements/pain points and use that information to design appropriate solution.
- Coordinate required assessments on customer’s environment/systems to drive assessment led selling.
- Act as a primary resource for Customer RFP’s/RFQ’s requesting OEM specific solutions. Work with the AM/ISR and the RFP team to ensure we meet the deadline, that the BoM’s are accurate and that ZONES leverages all available OEM pricing programs to increase our chances of winning
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and deep understanding of client’s IT related business goals and challenges through presentations to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into solutions.
- Review quotes/configurations prior to delivery to the Customer to ensure accuracy and minimize costly returns and Customer satisfaction issues
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into solution opportunities.
- Identify and recommend upsell/cross-sell opportunities to help maximize solution revenue and margin potential
- Display a positive, can-do attitude, willing to help others and take initiative to improve internal processes and document SOP’s.
- Provide oversight for coordination, delivery, and quality of post-sales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as migration impacts, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs.
- Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions that meet customers needs.
- Ensure that proposed solutions (when implemented) meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer.
- Sell solutions across technology lifecycle (Discover, Assess, Solution, Migrate and Manage).
- Keep pipeline, forecast, time and billing, project and activity reporting current based on defined tools and meeting submittal deadlines.
- Develop a deep understanding of Zones’ services catalog.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years in an IT sales role with at least 2 years in an inside/customer facing presales /customer facing role.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness to the customer.
- Strong interpersonal, teaming, leadership, creativity, influencing, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills required.
RFQ, RFP, OEM, Development Of Solutions, Propose Technology Solutions, Proposal Solutions, Communication Skills, Customer Facing, Presales,