As a Supply Chain Operations Specialist, you are responsible for supporting the process, execution and creation and sourcing of products that we sell into our customer base.
- Monitoring and managing the mailbox relating to Sourcing and creation of product information
- Meet or exceed the various customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in place for processing sourcing and SKU creation to properly support sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding the tender of products and our actual route to market.
- Act as support for the procurement function in the streamlining of item creation, product sourcing and initial supplier engagement pre onboarding.
- Presales Advice - Advise on pre-quotation to cover ability to transact and ultimately procure and sell.
- Creating and ensuring that all product information is correct and of an adequate standard.
- Ensuring that other departments requirements are met with clarity especially on barcoding and commodity codes for products later exported.
- Direct activities, schedules, risks understand dependencies, and manages timelines
- Manage cohesive work streams, ensuring coordinated approach when working with cross-functional resources for input, data gathering, analysis, etc.
- Coordinated engagement of partner resources and subject matter experts across multiple areas.
- Proactive identification, documentation and resolution management of project risks and issues with complex sourcing.
- Ability to define, track and report on specific measurable outcomes for case resolution.
- Ability to work independently with ambiguous direction, requirements or specifications and to create strategy, plans and direction from ambiguity
- Build models to estimate project costs, assess resource needs, and forecast expenses over time Communication
- Formulate recommendations and summarize findings; effectively summarize key information (e.g. cost savings, efficiency improvements, accountability metrics, etc.)
- Ensure that 100% of all tasks are resolved within appropriate time constraints through proper task management
- Provide weekly status report showing total tasks completed, time taken and incorrect requests.
- Project Status complex quotes and larger deal registrations.
- Risks and working with procurement and Inventory team to ensure a co-ordinated approach to sourcing high value goods.
- Issue Mitigation – escalations of possible non-compliant requests and quotations that are unclear.
WE’RE SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Graduate – Any Specialization preferred
• Product information management
• 1-2 years’ experience working in an Offshore/Outsourced model in a combined sales/operation/supply chain function; reseller hardware/software industry preferred.
• General understanding of information technology products and terminology preferred.
• Vendor engagement
• Sourcing using a Just In Time model
• Excellent Coordination, Excellent Communication Skills, Business Excellence
• Record keeping of tasks and sourcing of complex products.
• Key vendor understanding, Apple, HP, Dell, Lenovo & Cisco
Outsourced Model, Procurement, Product Information, Vendor Engagement, Customer Support,